Epidemic safety instructions
These Instructions are based on the current guidelines for the Organisers of Trade Fairs during the COVID-19 epidemic in Poland, drawn up by the Ministry of Economic Development, Labour and Technology, and on the Council of Ministers’ Ordinance on the establishment of specific restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the occurrence of the state of epidemic.
The aim of the Instructions is to:
- Increase the safety and health protection of all Trade Fair participants and employees who service the events.
- Minimise the risk of infection of participants, employees and suppliers.
- Take comprehensive action tailored to the current epidemic situation and legal regulations.
- Indicate the measures taken by the Organiser to limit the possibility of the SARS-Cov-2 virus spreading during events organised by Międzynarodowe Targi Gdańskie SA (MTG SA).
Ensuring the safety of employees/individuals providing services at the Trade Fair:
- The Organiser will provide personal protective equipment for employees/individuals providing services (face masks), hand sanitisers and instructions on how to properly wash and sanitise hands.
- Trade Fair participants are advised to wash their hands frequently with the use of hygiene products and sanitise their hands with sanitisers.
ENSURING SAFETY AT THE TRADE FAIR
- The Organiser provides a means of arranging the exhibition area by widening the aisles between the exhibition stands to a width of at least 3 metres.
- Notwithstanding Clause 1 above, the generally applicable fire regulations should be followed, in particular in terms of effective evacuation from the fairgrounds and trade fair facilities.
- At the fairgrounds, an obligation is introduced for every individual present in the exhibition area to cover their mouth and nose—this obligation does not apply to outdoor areas, unless it is impossible to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between individuals.
- At the fairgrounds, sanitiser dispensers will be available at all entrances and in other public areas in a visible place, along with instructions on how to properly sanitise hands.
- In the area provided for the purposes of the Trade Fair, it is forbidden to distribute leaflets and/or carry out such activities at the exhibition venue that could favour the forming of human clusters.
PERSON & VEHICLE ENTRY ZONES
- Access to the fairgrounds is permitted only for authorised individuals who hold a document issued by the Organiser on the basis of a previous verification.
- The Organiser’s security service has the right to refuse entry to the fairgrounds to individuals who do not have an accreditation issued by the Organiser, have an accreditation issued to another individual or a document showing signs of forgery or alteration.
- Separate circulation routes will be designated at the fairgrounds for event participants: for visitors entering the fairgrounds and a separate one for people who are leaving.
- The Organiser provides a safe area for visitors waiting to enter the fairgrounds by separating the queuing zones so that the distance between the queuing individuals is at least 1.5 metres.
- In the entrance, exit and exhibition areas, the Organiser’s security service and staff are authorised to enforce the obligation to cover the mouth and nose.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATIONS (reception areas, Trade Fair offices)
- The Organiser ensures that customer/exhibitor service stations are equipped with Plexiglas screens, if it is not possible to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres.
- The Organiser provides safe zones in which those waiting for assistance will be at least 1.5 metres apart.
- The Organiser ensures the sanitation of surfaces used by the staff or participants at the service stations at least every hour.
- The Organiser ensures the use of cashless payments and sanitation of payment devices and other devices used to assist the participants at least every hour.
EXHIBITION STANDS & VISITOR AREAS
- The Organiser will adjust the number of seats available at the fairgrounds by introducing solutions to enable maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 metres between the people seated.
- During the setup, dismantling and equipping of the stands, it is absolutely mandatory to comply with the safety rules applicable to shell scheme contractors and suppliers in accordance with the applicable regulations and recommendations, including hand sanitation and covering the mouth and nose.
- Exhibitors are obliged to provide personal protective equipment for their staff and sanitisers at their stands.
- Within the exhibition stands, waiting areas must be designated in a manner ensuring a distance of at least 1.5 metres between participants.
FOOD & BEVERAGE AREAS
- Preparing food & beverage areas (including restaurants) to operate in accordance with the currently applicable provisions of law is the responsibility of the Organiser and the fairgrounds catering operator.
- The catering operator provides safe areas for visitors waiting to enter the food & beverage areas (including restaurants), maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 metres.
- All Trade Fair participants are required to follow the organisational arrangements put in place, bearing in mind the necessity to meet the sanitary and epidemiological requirements for preventing and combating the effects of the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
HYGIENE OF SURROUNDINGS & SAFETY MEASURES
- The cleaning service and the Organiser’s staff follow the hygiene plan that has been put in place.
- The Organiser provides the devices necessary to maintain hand hygiene with agents based on min. 60% alcohol and instructions on how to properly wash and sanitise hands, in the toilet facilities.
- The Organiser is responsible for training the Organiser’s staff who service the Trade Fair in the principles of sanitary and safety procedures during the participants’ presence at the fairgrounds.
- The Organiser ensures regular ventilation of rooms and areas made available to participants.
- The Organiser ensures that all sanitary facilities are equipped with hygiene products, hand sanitisers and disposable paper towels. The Organiser ensures regular sanitation of sanitary rooms and common areas made available for the purposes of the Trade Fair.
- The Organiser ensures medical support in the form of emergency medical teams which, if required, are at the disposal of Trade Fair participants.
COMMUNICATION WITH TRADE FAIR PARTICIPANTS
- During the Trade Fair, information campaigns will be run on the safety rules applicable to the event participants at the fairgrounds.
- The Organiser provides the participants with an emergency telephone number, available during the Trade Fair events.
Preventive procedures: Suspected coronavirus infection among employees/individuals providing services
- Employees/individuals providing services should be instructed not to come to work, to stay in isolation and to call their primary care physician if alarming symptoms occur.
- It is recommended that the information from Poland’s Chief Sanitary Inspector and
the Minister of Health be followed, as available at gov.pl (in Polish) or www.gov.pl/web/coronavirus/, along with the messages broadcast by the Organiser.
- If an employee who performs their tasks at their work station displays alarming symptoms suggesting a coronavirus infection, the employee must be immediately removed from work and sent by individual transport to their place of stay (residence), with information about it being simultaneously provided to the Organiser’s office or via an emergency telephone number.
- A person showing symptoms typical of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus should wait for their transport in a designated room where it is possible to temporarily isolate them from other individuals.
- It is recommended that the area which the employee moved about and stayed in be determined, that routine sanitation of contact surfaces (handles, handrails, grips, etc.) be performed and that the room be aired while preventing access by other individuals.